School Health Courses
- Boarding schools: all things self care for the teen woman. What should they pack for their dorms, what can you buy/use locally for health care needs vs when do you need the school nurse or your local urgent care.
- Sex Ed: topics that I teach are
- the anatomy of the sex organs, from fetal development/early genetics through puberty(including an introduction about what we know about the xy and xx chromosome in regards to gender)
- sexually transmitted infections
- the menstrual cycle in regards to emotional and physical wellness – for female students only .
- Periods explained in regards to the impacts of hormones on the menstrual cycle. Geared toward teens and perimenopause, when hormones are shifting.
- This includes the impact of estrogen and progesterone on moods, energy, appetite and sleep.
- Use of my custom made/designed “Feelings Wheel with an action plan”